Bannerspace is powered by the awesome jQuery Cycle plugin. The plugin creates a custom post type for your slides.
Bannerspace is a versatile banner and slideshow plugin powered by the awesome jQuery Cycle. The plugin creates a custom post type for your slides and allows the user to create simple slideshows with funky transition effects such as fade, scroll, shuffle, zoom, and more!
At the moment it’s only capable of creating a single slide show per page, but it’s still kickass. You can adjust the size of the thumbnails and full-size images in the settings. You may need to rebuild your images using a plugin like Regenerate Thumbnails.
- Use custom the transition effects
- Easily set the size of the banner, image ,and content areas
- Image loading options for a graceful start to your slideshow
- Order slides via drag and drop using the Simple Page Ordering plugin
- Change the colour of the UI elements
- Add custom links to each slide (or entire slider)
- Settings located in Bannerspace Options
Using Template Tags
- If you want to hard code this gallery into a page template you can use the below code to do so.
<?php echo do_shortcode('[[bannerspace]]'); ?>
Shortcode attributes for showing multiple banners
You can set the following attributes you control your gallery:
- cat – Set the category ID of the specific banner you’d like to show
- category_name -Set the category slug of the specific banner you’d like to show
Confused? Here is a basic guide.
You have installed the plugin… now what?
- Add, edit and delete banner slides within the Banner Slides item within the WordPress admin menu (this is like a custom post type).
- Create a new post to add a slide to the slideshow. Attach your slide image to the Feature Image field, add a title and optional content that will display to the right of the image.
- Want to add specific images to multiple slideshows? Create a unique Category within the Banner Slides custom post type and assign to all all the slides you want on that slide show. Use the shortcode attributes above to show a specific slideshow category.
- There is an option to customise the slideshow settings such as image sizes, layout, and text colours. To make any major layout changes, you can use a custom CSS file.
- Add a custom link to the slideshow by entering the URL into a custom field in the slide post.
Like this? Download the plugin.
Join the conversation
We think you may like these
Free SVG QR Code Generator
No need to need to sign up, give away your email, or even pay just to download your QR code in a usable format like SVG.
Gravity Forms IP Location Add-On
We’ve created a simple plugin called Gravity Forms IP Location Add-On. It helps you find out the source country of anyone who fills out your forms.