WooCommerce is known for its simplicity in installation and customisation. With that being said it’s always a good idea to double check things are done correctly, even if you have had your website professionally created. There are a lot of options and it’s almost impossible to get it right first time, so fine tuning is part of the plan.
Take a look at our list of checks to perform when developing a WooCommerce site that is about to go live:
- Check the System Status! This is a must and can give you a heads up to some serious issues.
- If you are using fastclick.js there is a glitch which breaks forms in checkout on mobile.
- Increase memory to at least 128MB.
- Double check all Settings > General.
- Is your SSL setup? Check for mixed content errors and send all traffic to https.
- Double check your shipping settings.
- Double check your Tax settings. Usually, there is no tax on shipping.
- Email tab settings – Set the from email and template layout settings including adding a logo!
- Set an inventory email address.
- Test add, remove and update cart.
- Check Shipping styles if shipping in on.
- Is there coupon codes being used? It’s best to hide this if not.
- Is there stock management? Make sure this is tested.
- Are there user account pages? How do these look?
- Test your payment gateways with real test purchases. Then refund through the system.
- Add privacy and terms if needed. Use our generator!
After the site is live:
Once the site is live it’s important to monitor new orders and double check it’s all working as expected.
- Check your stock control is working as desired.
- Check your TAX calculated correctly – Local and OS.
- Inspect order email information.
- Inspect order details and notes.
- Check that shipping calculated currently – Local and OS.